So, about a week ago we had a pretty serious lightening storm. Lightening either hit our house or hit very close to it. After the hit, the plasma tv I was watching lost its picture, as did a computer screen my wife was using. When she re-booted the computer the screen started working again. The tv, however, still is not working.

Given that getting at the cords and connections is a bit difficult, I am trying to get a feel for the most likely culprit of my problem before I start playing around with diagnosing the issue.

Normally, I would just figure that the TV itself is damaged. However, the menus for the TV itself show on the TV. I just don't get a picture. Is the fact that I can still see the menus from the TV an indication that the TV itself may not be the issue? I would have thought that if the screen was damages such that I can't see a picture, I'd also not see the menus.

Is it possible the receiver was damaged and is the problem? I get sound through the receiver, so it is not completely dead, but as noted, no picture on the TV. Finally, is it possible that a power surge of some sort could actually damage an HDMI cable, causing the issue?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.