Originally Posted By: Seekinganswers

You are really selling me on the M2s as front speakers, too. I don't know the details but the M2s looks like a stripped down version of the M22s with one less woofer. I would guess that is why they sound very similar?

Just trying to help you avoid one of the pitfalls of speaker buying that “bigger is better.” Better is relative to ones situation and in your case, not very big room and won’t be playing loud very often, the M2s seem more practical than the M22s to me. They also cost less allowing you to put the savings toward the QS8s which I think most people agree are superior to the QS4s even when not in a large room.

If you can afford M22s mains and QS8s with a M2 center that is a viable option. Just think about what you plan to do with the M22s and M2 when you are ready to upgrade. As I mentioned M22s are IMO overkill as wide, height and rear speakers (where they’re likely to be re-tasked) unless you have a huge room. They’ll do the job but an M2 will do those jobs for a lot less money. So in both the short and long run it’s cheaper to get 3 M2s now and later when you upgrade get one more M2 and turn them into wide and rear, wide and height or height and rear as any future receiver you get will likely have those capabilities. OTOH if you think you might have a use for the M22s as 2ch speakers in a medium to small room then they could be a good choice. Just understand that to cover a full musical range of frequencies they will still need a subwoofers support.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1