not to highjack this thread... but in relation to the what the OP wants to do... I have a question to those who might have done it.

Like the OP... I am in a situation where Im going to have to mount my version 1 VP150 above my tv on the wall. Of course where I want it to go there is no stud... my question is.. with proper anchors into the wall (1/2 inch gyprock) will the gyprock have enough strength to hold the speaker (22lbs) out at the angle and distance the Axiom wall bracket is made for? Without using a stud, and without using a piece of wood or metal to attach the bracket on then attach to the wall, I want to use just the bracket on the wall but am seeking advise on how to anchor it WITHOUT the weight of the speaker, angle of speaker and distance the speaker is out from the wall causing it rip out??? There are those BIG plastic/metal scews that are about 1/2 inch thick that you put in the wall, then the screw on the bracket will screw into that plastic/metal screw. You konw, the type that is used to hang heavy pictures. Also, since there are not screws on the back of the speaker, Im going to have to drill out some holes and mount the bracket/brackets manually. Any fear of hitting anything important inside??? Anyone try this?

Last edited by 72mustang; 08/11/10 04:27 AM.