I'm thinking of getting a pair of M60s and a VP-150 as my fronts in my HT.

I know that surrounds don't have to match perfectly for movies where they're generally used for SFX, but i think it's a lot more important for gaming where it's virtually "recorded" in multi-channel. So I was wondering if getting four M2s as my surrounds will suffice in a 16' w x 17' l (opens into kitchen at back, hallway at mid-back side) x 8h room. Not just for a sweet spot, but in general.

My reason for leaning towards the M2s is:

1) I don't think the QS4s or QS8s are suited for the room, as the places where i'd ideally mount them are basically open spaces or a window. I can probably stand-mount some bookshelves somewhere or another.
2) They're nice and cheap, which is good because the M60s aren't so much.

On that note my final question is

1) Will the M2s have a change in timbre from the M60s?
How about the M3s? I definitely want all 4 surrounds to be the same, and if I can get a good timbre match with the fronts it's something i would prefer. I really don't want to buy 4 M22s just to use as surrounds, at least not right now, financially speaking.

And with all of the above said... how about the M50s as my fronts instead? The 60s really do seem to be worth it but again I do want fairly timbre matched all-7-speakers.