Originally Posted By: jakewash
Actually Paradigm is a good comparison as the Studio series is very comparable in SQ to Axiom's and as far as I know they have never offered upgrade parts available to the public after new version was released and it has been my experience that their drivers are expensive to buy as well in relation to other suppliers out there.

Just for the records, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not recall that Axiom offer it either, while they announced the new V3...and if we had never asked them to do it, probably they will never had...
We asked them, and they considered that, and offered it let's say "legally", but practically impossible to get, that in my book it is the same as saying no, they never before hand offered it...And I personally had never asked any other manufacturer either...but I have gotten parts from others a lot cheaper...

Let's be realistic, the only reason we get Axiom, is because their price/performance ratio, and because we can not afford a better performance from any competitor at higher prices, there are indeed a few DIY projects that easily rival these performance, but you need space, time, tools, etc...Also maybe you can find other manufacturers, but with a horrible customer service, if any...AV123 is one that cross my mind now...

But being honest, we all know that what we have, is far from being the last word in speaker sound quality, if such a thing really exists, and I do not even consider them, after receiving some absurd answers from some of their guys, an authority in that field either.
They are indeed good at what they do, and their speakers sound indeed very good for the money. But they are only one of the options we have out there. But if the prices increase, or if the customer service stop being so dedicated (even with absurd answers sometimes) they will stop being an option for many of us, it is more, even with all that, for me, and in the case of the sub-woofers, they stop being an option some time ago...And at higher prices, we have tons of better options...

Last edited by Sovkiller; 08/14/10 08:02 PM.

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!