Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Originally Posted By: fredk
Mark. That should not make any difference other than not having enough bass overall.

No, it shouldn't.
But sometimes you run across a person who thinks M2s will fill a 30X40 foot room or an EP500 will fill the room at 120dB...i.e., even though he said he wasn't pushing it hard, I was curious what the definition of "not hard" was.

Damn. I stepped in it again.

Straight Man for hire.... get 'yer Straight Man here!

na i completely understood why you asked. my room is not small but it's not Huge either. which is why i kept the SCII. i'll eventually get another EP500 (if it pans out) or an SVS Ultra.

its at the 10 oclock position roughly and like i said before I calibrated them carefully each to 73dbs with the reciver LFE level at "0" one at a time. then ran MULTY EQ.

in the recievers' LFE channel level after running AmultiEQ it rests at -7.I then rechecke levels with an SPL meter. and they measured together at 70'ish. im geussing max durring a movie about 100db or so, doubt much higher than that. no more than say 115 on a reaaaaallly loud part.

so yea im not running it HOT or trying to get the most out of it. just want it right, but when a movie gets bassy it clacks