Man; I love this board for it's quick responses. wink

@CatBrat: Great link - definitely helped in persuading the wife. smile She does love her low-profile.

@Kruncher: Awesome! Thanks so much for the invite. I'll chat with the wife and see if she's up for it. Even if we don't make it out there, I really appreciate the offer. I imagine you'd recommend your M22's?

@Nashvegas: I might do as you suggest; in ordering a few extra speakers and sending a few back. As a commenter later on posted, it looks like it would cost *me*, not Axiom to return them, but in the quest for good sound, that might be a worthwhile cost.

As to your comments about the on-wall speakers not being to your liking - I have heard that sentiment echoed loudly by a few people. Unfortunately floor-speakers just aren't an option in this space - it's rather cramped as it is with my existing floor speakers, and the wife has given me an ultimatum. The best thing I can do is find a good set of on wall/in-wall speakers and combine it with a good subwoofer (which the XW-500d appears to be) to round out the low-end. Wish me luck. wink

@JohnK: Thanks for the info on the definition of vert-versus-horizontal. I'm assuming the M22's and the V150 meet the criteria of vertically configured?

As for your point about moving the setup - you've caught a flaw in my diagram. The wall that you mention isn't illustrated properly. First off, it's a bay window (so it's angled like a tri-fold), and it's also (obviously) got a window in it. In a way that would be ideal - I could have floor standing speakers sitting on the ledge, a center channel mounted on the roof, and a TV propped up appropriately, it would either be backlit by the sun, or we'd need to have the blinds closed while watching TV. All of which the wife is not a fan of.

Although I suppose I could also spring for automated blinds to close on demand... But I don't think the wife would appreciate that. frown

Life would be so much easier if I weren't married. wink

Thanks for your replies all. Feel free to continue with suggestions if you have any. I'd be curious to hear if anyone has any suggestions on my subwoofer placement still.

Cheers,

-e-