Hey Randy, I will try to explain my response.

First I think it's important to say that I most definitely don't get offended whatsoever if someone is a Christian or of any denomination. To each their own as long as they aren't hurting anyone.

Reply to Scampy-

Originally Posted By: sirquack
I will talk to Matt about the price as he was the one that is always trying to help people out and do something nice. Sometimes he forgets what he puts into his own time. He is a good Christian friend of mine and to him it is all about helping others, as it should be. wink

I took the "as it should be" at the end of your reply as holding the same belief as Matt-"it is all about helping others out". I know there is a "wink" following your statement, but I took it as a facetious one because if taken literally it could/would imply that there's no sincerity/relevance in the sentence that precedes it, which I didn't think was the case.

Your comments about doing something in the name of religion are way off base and not sure where your coming from. You obviously don't understand my comments. I was responding to Scamps question as to why we are charging so little. Matt is a great guy and for someone you don't know it is funny you would reply this way.

He has always done this work on the side for friends and families for free, after spending 15hr+ or more doing this work by hand. He doesn't make a lot of money in his regular job as a youth pastor at a local church so I thought "heck dude, you should try starting a little business to put a little extra change in your pocket".

Originally Posted By: michael_d

There was no reference from Randy doing anything in the name of religion. I find it interesting that you came to that conclusion.

My comments about doing something in the name of religion also came from your aforementioned reply-

I will talk to Matt about the price as he was the one that is always trying to help people out and do something nice. Sometimes he forgets what he puts into his own time. He is a good Christian friend of mine and to him it is all about helping others, as it should be. wink

Maybe I'm wrong, but I took "he is a good Christian friend of mine ....." as doing the work and setting the price lower in the name of religion.

If you had said- "I will talk to Matt about the price as he was the one that is always trying to help people out and do something nice. Sometimes he forgets what he puts into his own time. He is a good Christian friend of mine and to him it is all about helping others, as it should be. ;)". Then in no way would there be any inclination that it's done with any religious undertone.

I will say emphatically that despite my comments regarding religion, I do think it's very highly commendable for Matt to create such beautiful work and hold true to his core belief system, which is what should be. And, although I don't know you, I'm sure you are the same as Matt (based on your interaction on the forum).

I don't want this to carry on as a debate or disagreement between you and I, and I definitely hope that you and others on the forum will see where I was coming from, if only slightly.

If you don't, then I have no problem apologizing to Matt and yourself as I had no intention whatsoever to come across in the manner that I was received.

Again, I wish you both nothing but the best in this new venture, and hope it flourishes!

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.