Originally Posted By: Vanorge
i did notice yesterday that it seems to be pushing more air out. before it used to suck in more than blow out. anybody know which way it's supposed to be.

Vanorge, any subwoofer that is ported must port must blow out and suck in equally. If you believe you're feeling a difference, it's most likely because your hand is not a sensitive enough measuring device. smile

This equal-blow-and-suck isn't just a rule I invented, it's physics. Allow me to explain. In order to make a sound, the subwoofer driver must move outward and inward many times a second. Every time it moves outward, it creates a slight vacuum in the box which causes air to move in through the port. Every time it moves inward, it pressurizes the air in the box and causes air to move out through the port. Keep in mind that the driver is moving in and out anywhere from 20 to 80 times a second or more.

If the subwoofer port were actually blowing more than sucking, that would mean the driver was moving further and further into the box and not returning to the neutral position.

The moral of the story is don't worry too much about the air moving through the port. If you can feel air at all, that means it's working.