I just set up my first subwoofer I've ever owned (Epik Empire) with my Axiom 5.0 setup. After doing the sub crawl and finding the best place for it and running my receiver calibration I starting testing it out as best I could. My girlfriend started to come up the driveway and came in with a very scared look on her face. I never told her that I was getting a sub at the time, and I don't think she even knew what a subwoofer was.

She came in and saw the huge box the sub came in and then I showed her the sub itself. "Good grief, why is it so big??" she asked. She said that she could hear a loud roar from the road before she pulled into the driveway and thought that it was just the car that passed her by that she thought must of had a very loud exhaust, and was thinking how annoying it was to hear cars go by with loud mufflers...but then soon realized the loud roar was actually coming from the house. She still has not quite gotten used to the bass that we now have from the Empire. I insisted we watch War of the Worlds the other night (knowing it'd be an excellent use of the sub) and we both were amazed at the difference the Empire makes now from having no sub at all. Very glad I made the investment. I definitely plan on adding at least one more in the future.

M60|VP150|2xQS8|PSA XS30+Epik Empire|Pioneer Kuro 6010FD|PS3|Denon AVR-X4000|Parasound 5250v.2|