One of the reasons I went with the Samsung DLP was because it is allegedly impervious to burn in. I had read that CRT's and LCD's were susceptible to the problem. But, I recently read that LCD's (the GWIII was specifically mentioned) are only slightly more susceptible than the DLP, and not nearly as susceptible as the CRTs. It confirmed what has already been said here. If you leave a static picture on for VERY long periods of time, over a VERY long period of days and months, you might have a problem. But, with ordinary use, things should just be fine. KCarlile has it right. Teach your child not to pause a game. So, relax and enjoy your quality TV set.

One of the things you DO have to be careful of is watching too much TV in 4:3 mode with the black bars on both sides of the picture. If you watch in that mode ALL the time, it could cause the screen to age differently to the point where you can notice where those black bars have been.

Assuming, from your screen name, that you are female, may I say it's nice to have a little feminine input around here. I've been suffering from an overdose of testosterone on this forum. If you are male, please forgive me.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton