Originally Posted By: Listener
Originally Posted By: wheelz999
Sorry, are you asking how the audio sounds? If so, it's comparable to my CD player. Honestly, it's an amazing media player. I actually had someone in for an audition a while back and he was surprised that I was playing mp3's.

I have music, DVDs and Blu-rays on it. Because of my disability, it's turned into my chief player, using it more than my Oppo BDP-83.

Umm, does that answer your query smile ?

Not really. I would like to know if it can pass bitstream audio through hdmi in Trye HD and or DTS

I found these results from forums via a quick search-

-"WD TV does output AAC via HDMI, but when the same sound is outputed via optical connection make sure that the reciever that you are connecting to has AAC decoding functionality.
For instance I have the movie Spy Game that is in 6-channel AAC audio. WD TV is able to decode and output the same via HDMI. So far so good. BUt when I got a 5.1 Logitech Z-5500 audio system and connected the WDTV via its optical out, I had no sound. The reason being the Z-5500 wasn't able to decode the AAC. And remember, when connected via optical out of the WD TV, the WD TV does a simple pass through of any and all digital audio formats, which is called Bitstream audio.
That's not the case with other media players, like say the Popcorn Hour or the Dabhoda, wherein they decode the relevant audio format internally and then pass it through their optical out, which is called PCM audio."

-"It understands the codecs, but does not support them. It will not pass or bitstream them through to your receiver (but it DOES pass Dolby TrueHD, fyi).

The WDTV Live currently downmixes DTS-HD MA to DTS Core 5.1ch or Stereo 2.0 ch, depending on the options you've chosen in the WDTV Live settings."

I don't know how factual these statements are, I just posted them in an effort to help you out smile .

Cheers

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.