In the VERY local news...

Last night around 2:00am I awoke to hear a bit of commotion in the subdivision, mostly the sound of squealing tires, revving engine ect. I fell back to sleep without really paying it too much attention....

This morning I wake up, look out the front door(I live on an outside corner, pie shaped lot) and see the street light in front of my house has been whacked at the bottom, about 4ft up it is being held together only by rebarr and the entire pole has been pushed over at 10-15%. Some jacka$$, likely drunk, had raced around the corner at high speed, bounced over the curb at the bottom of my driveway, across the grass and whacked the pole. The whiplash effect on the pole, broke the concrete casing to the rebarr about 4 ft up(I wish it had fallen on the dufus) and dislodged the footing of the pole to the afformentioned 10-15%. It was leaning over my neighbours Mitsubishi next door. The culprit was "driving" a Nissan Ultima, around '05 judging by the grill he left behind but we also believe there may have been a bike involved as several neighbours heard one at the same time. Next door neighbours called the cops, yadda, yadda, young cop was more interested in talking about my neighbour's Harley, yadda, yadda....

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.