Hi all,

Forgive me if this is the wrong place but since my issue is with music I figured I should start here. wink

I've got my system set up and it's amazingly loud and sounds fantastic with a Blu Ray via PS3 HDMI bitstreaming. At 0 db reference level, the opening scenes and chase scenes in The Dark Knight shake the house and I really need to back off a bit to maybe -5.

However when I play music it just isn't very loud. I like loud music, and honestly I was expecting to be blown out of the room much like the Blu Ray experience but it just doesn't seem that way. Has anyone experienced this? I have tried CD's in the PS3 as well as my iphone in the Onkyo dock and even at 0 db it just isn't very loud. I know I shouldn't be trying to ruin my hearing, and I don't want to do that but I feel it should be louder.

The system includes an Onkyo 807, 2 M60Ti's, 2 QS8 V2's, 1 VP150 V3, and an EP350 V3 and PS3 and Onkyo ipod dock.

I've tried disabling Audyssey, Dynamic EQ etc and nothing seems to change it. Is it that the Dark Knight being Dolby TrueHD is just mixed at higher levels?

I know I could get external amps but I really think the 807 should be capable of driving the M60's pretty well (especially for what it does in Blu Ray mode). Perhaps I just need to turn it up more? I was reluctant to go above 0db much but perhaps I should? I never heard any weirdness like clipping or distortion so maybe I am still way off from clipping mode. It almost seems like the amp isn't putting out as much power with the cd is in.

Hope this made at least some sense. I have searched and am at a loss wondering if I am crazy or my expectations were just too lofty.

thanks

Scott