A couples of weeks ago I posted on another thread a problem that I was having with one of my woofers.
http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=325402&page=3
Here is a summary:
Originally Posted By: bdpf
This weekend, I was by myself for I couple of hours so I decided to watch the first Ironman at loud volume. Something is bothering me. During the scene where Ironman is about to go to Afghanistan to rescue the villagers and he enters sonic speed, one of the woofers on the M80s made a strange noise (I don't have a sub). It sounded like if there was a hole on the driver, or maybe similar to what I would imagine being port noise on a sub even though I never heard what a port noise sounds like. I repeated this scene a couple of times getting the same effect. If I lower the volume, I don't hear it no more. The only other time that I experienced that was when I watched Percy Jackson and the Olympians during the first scene where Poseidon gets out of the water and steps on the ground (again, at loud volume). Worried that one of my woofers would be damaged, I played some music with heavy bass loud but everything sounds fine. Do you think one of my woofers could be damaged? Could this be that my receiver only has 100 wpc and at this particular moment it requires more? Could it also be that these scenes have very low frequencies and the M80s are trying to play them but can't? Both times, it seemed to come from my bottom right woofer. Any ideas?

The scene on Iron Man happens at 1h16.
After trouble shooting I found that this was coming from one of my woofers. I contacted Axiom and they sent me a new one.
I followed the advice of Chris and downloaded some test tones and frequency sweeps but wasn't able to reproduce this particular issue. I played tones from 5Hz to 200Hz at 0db on my receiver and everything sounds fine however when I play these 2 specific scenes mentioned above I am able to reproduce it every time. What's up with that?
Today, I replaced the woofer and everything is fine now. I still can't understand why I couldn't reproduce that with the test tones. Any ideas?

As I mentioned on the other thread, I would love to leave my M80 set as full range but would it be safer to set them as small with a crossover set at 40Hz so they're not trying to play frequencies that they can't play properly?

Another thing, I think I might be paranoiac now but during this same scene, at the same moment he enters sonic mode, I hear a grizzling noise (sounds like when you connect a speaker to the amp with the amp on) coming from either the tweeters or the mids. I am pretty sure it's part of the soundtrack as it's happen on all 3 mains but it's jut that I never noticed that before. Can someone that has the movie confirm that? Like I said, since I had this, I am paranoiac and question everything I hear crazy crazy crazy

Bruno
M80s/VP180/QS8s/EP600/AVR-890
------------------------------------
"The problem is choice..."