There hasn't been much talk of theater seating lately, and I've been thinking about it lately. My plan is to have two rows of it, the front row having three seats, and the rear row on a riser with four seats. I figure 7 seats will be plenty for most any movie night that I would have, and I will be able to stagger the seating so heads in the front row will not be directly in front of the people in the rear seats. The riser should make visibility a non-issue to begin with, but I'd still rather have it this way.

Anyway, I've been thinking about the backs of the seating. Personally, I'm comfortable in most seating that's remotely decent, but I understand when other people like a little more comfort. I would prefer low-backed seating from an audio perspective, but I imagine most guests would want to rest their heads on the seats. Does anyone have experience with theater seating with headrests that are both adjustable and removable? I'm pretty sure I'll go with theater seating for space and mounting reasons. It simply seems like the most efficient and cost-effective way to accomplish what I'm after, so if anyone has some first-hand knowledge of what I'm asking about, I'd love to hear it.

Even if you don't have any direct advice on my question, I wouldn't mind hearing a discussion of what you yourself are using, along with pros and cons you've encountered.