QS8/QS4 owners:

I am wondering what experiences you have had, when experimenting with Speaker Placement.

After x-mas, I plan on getting a set of QS8. My HT is 12'x12', with 4 seats ~1" from the rear wall. Currently, I own a set of CSW S300 (Bipole/Monopole/Dipole units); which are 1' above ear level (total of 4' off ground), and 2' in front of the ear centerline. The reason I mounted them forward, is because the Manual said it was OK and my seats are about 1' from the back wall. The location never bothered me, until I installed my new L/C/R M22 & VP150 setup; now the direction is too localized, and the forward position is now perceivable. When I upgrade to the QS8, I am thinkng of increasing the height to 2' above ear (5' from ground) - and 90degrees direct on ear centerline. This would put the center of the QS8 center ~1.5' from the rear wall leaving ~10" of clearance from the edge of the speaker to the rear wall. I am hoping this will work out fine, in regards to being so close to the back wall; since the QS8 units are dispersive surrounds anyhow, and the back wall has heavy curtains and artwork to break up harshness, then maybe the Audyssey will help diminish any remaining glaring acoustical problems.

I welcome all experiences and recommendations.