At one time, I knew this information but it has since floated out of my brain...

As I'm checking out the Black Friday sales, I start to wonder if maybe Axiom Audio/Denon ripped me off...I'm seeing these home theater-in-a-box systems that are offering 1,100W of awesome surround sound power for like $250(US)!

Now, I know for a fact that my Axiom Epic Grand Master 350/Denon AVR-1910 uses right around 90W when it is really rockin'.

Personally, I think my current system sounds pretty darn nice, but I can't imagine how much more fantasticer my system could sound if I buy the home theater-in-a-box. That's like 12 times the amount of power!!! And on top of that, it costs less than 1/10th what I paid for my current setup! And it has a built-in BluRay player! And, the WHOLE system weighs less than my Denon AVR-1910! How convenient!

Hopefully by now you have picked up on the sarcasm. But seriously, how does these tiny little home theater systems make such outragous claims about their power handling? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with RMS power, but for the life of me I don't remember what that is exactly.

Any info would be appreciated, and the simpler the better for my old brain...this was just a passing curiosity as I was browsing through ads this evening.