I did get a slightly wavy floor, btw. I can feel it when I walk barefoot on it. I was going to sand a little more, until my sander needed repair (I get the sander back tomorrow, cost $20 to remove the cord from being stuck.) I can live with it for now. Sometime in the future, I may pull the vinyl back up and finish the job.

About using that particular leveler, it might not have worked in my situation. The subfloor is old plywood, that I didn't want to replace because I didn't want to remove all of the cabinets, and everything that's connected to them. The old vinyl tiles that I removed was most likely glued down with some asbestos infested black goo. I removed this using a mall (Long pole with a blade at the end at a 90 degree angle to pole). At several spots, some plywood particles came up attached to the vinyl, exposing the inside of the plywood. The leveler I used filled up these gaps quite well without causing the plywood to warp. I also didn't want to add another layer of plywood, so I can have a seamless floor where the vinyl meets a hardwood floor.

Last edited by CatBrat; 11/23/10 06:47 PM.