Good to hear you’re running. I found it addicting but for many it’s an acquired taste. Having a workout partner can always be helpful in maintaining any program. You’re already ahead of most Americans who couldn’t do a 5k to save their lives. wink

Many people think I weigh more than I really do probably because my body fat is so low I tend to look more muscular than I really am. Also people always picture Marines as huge which most are larger than me since I was the smallest guy in my platoon at bootcamp. Out in the FMF the guys use to call me “Adam Ant” because they said my full kit I looked like a little ant carrying a big leaf.

When I joined the Corps I only weighed 113lb (2lb under weight). Eight years later I was only 125lbs when I got out. I didn’t really put on any weight until I became a firefighter. I was strong enough to pick up anything we used but w/o any body weight I didn’t really have enough mass to get the traction to pull a charged hose-line over snowy or muddy (which you find a lot at fire scenes) ground. That’s when I started powerlifting and eventually got up to 165lbs at my heaviest. I’m shooting for 165 again but with a little lower body fat than last time.

Keep it up Charles. Once they get use to it most people like to run or do other exercises. I know I’d go nuts if I couldn’t.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1