Having a problem with my inspiron 1525. I have 3 gb of ram (a 2 gig and a 1 gig chip). I'm running windows 7.

Upon bootup I get a memory address line failure at xxxxxxx read xxxxxx expecting xxxxx.

To resolve this issue try to reseat the memory. Memory is snug and reseating doesn't solve the issue.

if I press f1 to continue I get the following:
"no physical memory is available at the location required for the windows boot manager The system can not continue.

If I boot in diagonostic mode (hold in fn, power on, release fn) I get the following error:
"No user memory available!"

However, If I remove the 2 gig ram chip from slot B but leave the 1 gig ram chip in slot A I am able to run the diagnostic mode and it says no memory issues.

BUT, If I try and just boot the computer with the 1 gig of ram it doesn't boot though. Instead this happens:
I get a screen that says amount of memory has changed press f1 to continue. F1 takes me to a black screen and windows never boots up. (will try this again as maybe I just didn't wait long enough but I doubt it)

Also, I tried running the computer with the 2 gig chip in slot A and nothing in Slot B to see if the second bay was bad but it says no memory.

I'm guessing I have a bad 2 gig memory chip, but not sure why it still doesn't boot with the 1 gig chip.

Any ideas?

-David