I put this message on avsforum, but I thought I'd repeat it here. There might be someone here that can answer my question also.

This is the wall where I plan on mounting an AT screen with 3 speakers in the wall for L/C/R that are 15 or 18 inches deep, and 40 inches high. I'm not sure of the screen size yet, but I'm thinking of 8 foot wide with 2.35:1. The plywood that's nailed up there is 7 foot wide. I'm not sure if I should go wider, or not. I don't want a screen I'll regret later as too small, yet I don't want one too big either. The seating distance will only be about 10 foot.

I plan on removing this insulation and the drywall on the other side of this wall soon. Then moving some 2x6 studs to accommodate the speakers. Then drywall the garage side of the wall with a big hole in it that will allow the speakers to hang out the backside into the garage. (Later I'll build an insulated box around the backside of the speakers.) Note: These speakers are in-cabinet speakers and are designed to be mounted this way.

Link to speakers:
18 inch deep http://www.axiomaudio.com/m80-in-cabinet.html
15 inch deep http://www.axiomaudio.com/m60-in-cabinet.html

My question is, how far from the ceiling should I mount the screen?

The ceiling is 7 foot high. The projector (Panasonic PTAE4000U perhaps), will probably be mounted on a shelf, near the ceiling, about 13-14 feet back. Putting the screen closer to the ceiling will put the tweeters further up away from the ears, putting the screen down would seem to put your head closer, to the beam of light, perhaps in the beam of light. One possibility is to mount the speakers upside down.

I'm also thinking that the top of the screen might have to be level with the lens on the projector. If this is so, then the top of the screen would have to be mounted inches from the ceiling.

Any help in this area would be much appreciated. I have absolutely no experience with projectors and this is my first attempt to build a theater.

I need to know soon, so I will know where to put the hole for the speakers in the wall. Thanks in advance.