Originally Posted By: jakewash
I think having the picture right against the ceiling most likely isn't the best scenario either, possible reflections off the ceiling might be annoying.

True. I'm going to paint the entire ceiling and the front (so many feet, but don't know yet), a flat black, so hopefully that won't be a problem. Each size screen smaller is 7 inches narrower and 3 inches shorter, so downsizing the screen size isn't helping much. By the time I get one with an extra foot of clearance at the top, it's a whole 28 inches narrower. Not a real good option.

It wouldn't be right on the ceiling, but close. The frame would be about 2 inches and I would mount the frame about 2 inches away, so there would be at least 4 inches between screen and ceiling. This is a problem going with a wide screen and only having 7 foot (minus about 3 inches for drywall and flooring) ceilings.

I think I've just about talked myself into installing Dri-Core subflooring, for 2 reasons. #1 reason is to help keep the floor warmer by putting another layer between you and the concrete, and #2 reason is to keep the floor dry, just in-case another leak develops in the wall sometime in the future. Not going to install it in the entire floor, just inside the HT room, leaving a small gap for ventilation and inspection around the parameter of the room.

Last edited by CatBrat; 12/12/10 03:41 AM.