Hey guys,

I would like to have a component rack/shelf on the back wall of my entertainment room, just to the right of my laundry room door (essentially where the director's chair is).

Basically what it boils down to is cost because I do have other projects pending (by stairs etc.). So with that in mind, could you guys give me some suggestions on what I can get for a cabinet and how much it would cost.

-I would like something that has a glass door on it, which allows the components to be visible.

-Because the back of the cabinet will just be in the laundry room, I don't care if it's closed off (I'd actually prefer it if it wasn't as it would help with ventilation and ease of access).

-I also don't know what to look for when considering cabinet dimensions. If I look for something to house my components that I have now, how easy is it to expand on them later when adding new electronics? I postulate that it's a good idea to buy a larger cabinet than is currently needed?

Is there anything else that needs to be considered? I do like the manufactured metal component shelving units, as I want it to be a nice clean look, but I only know of two manufacturers. As mentioned, cost is first and foremost, and to throw around a budget I had in mind, I didn't know if it could be done for 300-400 dollars.

Thanks again for any input, it's greatly appreciated.

Cam

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.