Originally Posted By: pmbuko
That amp is the latest design. It may be that the documentation was updated sometime after you received your original subwoofer and that it hasn't been updated to reflect the most recent changes. That would explain the references to wire colors on both the amp and woofer being incorrect.

At this point, wouldn't you rather have an amp with the most recent upgrades included (perhaps done on an older amp, hence the refurb "feel" your're referring to) than a "new" one that's been in a box and might not have the most recent changes?

No. Especially if that old one had been used and abused for years then refurbed. Given my track record with these things I would rather have new version 2.3 or what ever than old version 2.4. And I would think they should all have the latest upgrades.

And yes the documentation does seem to be upgraded to reflect something completely different. Something newer. So how do I know then that this "new" amp that I received has all the latest upgrades when it and the documentation don't match?

It's just that I was never told I would be purchasing a refubed unit. Guess I should have asked but it didn't cross my mind. But if it works for more than 2 years I'll be happy.

However here's my next dilemma. I've been letting it thaw out before installing as it's been on a Fedex truck in Montana for a while. Anyway the red and black positive and negative posts are reversed on this new one. Did they just get put on wrong or did they actually reverse the leads. Not sure it makes a huge difference but i don't want to blow it up right off the get go.