So, I'm finally settled in Vancouver, WA, new apartment. Hooray. For those of you that can remember my old setups, they have always revolved around a desktop computer on a desk, with one or two monitors. I've schemed my home theater setup into four dorm rooms, my childhood room, and my old apartment Florida. Six home theaters is a lot of setting up. Man, those were the days. But this is now!

So I decided that instead of having a huge clunky desk as the center of my media, it's time to grow up and spring for a PROJECTOR!

Everyone thought I was crazy when I sprung for my Axiom setup in...freshman year of college. But they have been my best investment. When my axioms are set up, I'm finally home and can relax. I'd like the projector stand the test of time too.

So, my ideal budget would be $2000 - $2500 for the projector, screen, and projector mount.

I've been looking at the Epson Home Cinema 8350 ($1200) and jealously looking at the model up, the Epson 6500UB (~$2000), mostly because poor black performance really would bother me.

For the screen, I dont want a permanent screen. Something that easily rolls up and isn't too massive would be ideal. I was looking at this guy since it would be easily portable because the roller isn't the entire width of the screen. Amazon also has an excellent deal on a 84" floor rollup screen here. The wall in the apartment is tan, isn't a flat surface, and a closet door is in the way of where the projector image would be, so I need a screen.

The distance from the back wall of the living room to the front wall is about 13', so I'm guessing I'd be working with a 12' throw distance, which means I could have up to a 120" screen, but that's pretty massive for a short distance.

I can get the room very dark, so ambient light shouldn't be a problem.

Basically, I'm not looking for something super knock-your-socks-off perfect, I just want a great projector that will last a long time, and won't have any annoying qualities like a noisy fan or horrible performance with one color or something.

I also have almost no knowledge about projectors, so a few tips from those of you with experience would be great smile.

You guys are awesome! Thanks for helping me spend my money...err, yup that's pretty much what we're doing here.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2