Hey gals and gents,

Now that I am enclosing my theater room off from the rest of the recroom/bar area, I will be changing the placement of my 4 Qs8's.

Prior to the change the depth of the room was about 30ft, and the rear Qs8's were about 2-3ft behind the 2nd row seats and 3ft above your ears. The rear wall I just constructed gives be about 17ft of depth. Because of this, both my 1st and 2nd rows of seating will be slid forward in the room a few feet. Also, the 2nd row which is up on a riser will pretty much be up against the back wall now.

The wall alone the right side of the room I put in gives me a bit more width than I had before, and I am putting in some solid oad french doors. Both my side surrounds are going to be moved forward and will be just a bit in front of the 1st row seating.

My question is in regards to where to place my rear Qs8's. I know in other discussions it has been said that if you don't have any seperation from the rear speakers, it is not ideal. But, there will be seperation from the 1st row of seating, just not the back row, other than them being above the listeners ears 3 ft.. I suppose with the couch thickness they will still have about a ft. of seperation.

Also, I'm struggling with how far apart to place them in relationship. I was thinking that maybe moving them a bit closer, might help with a better rear channel experience. If they are to spread out, they may be harder to distinguish from the sides.

I also thought about angling them downward possibly. If there is anyone running 7.1 in a similar setup with the rear surrounds close to the 2nd row of seating I would love to hear from you. I think most of the discussions detouring people from doing this are if you only have one couch along the back wall, which is not my situation.

thanks again...Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85