Hello board members:

I have been using Axiom since I got my HT speakers from them in 2005. My setup consists of the following:

2 M80ti fronts
1 VP150 Center
4 QS8 sides and back surround
EP500 Sub

These have been driven by a Denon 3805, I have also used a separate amp to drive the M80's occasionally, was a really good setup, but then had to sell the extra amp. Denon drives them well, but I could use a little more juice.

I am moving to my own house finally in a few months which is finally nearing completion, with a large dedicated play room that will be dedicated to me only, with all kind of toys (PS3, Xbox, file server, audio equipment, projector ...etc). The room is large (8X10 meters).

Part of the upgrade that I am considering, is upgrading to a receiver that can handle multiple inputs and two outputs, so I can switch between a TV and a projector from multiple sources. I need seven HDMI sources, Denon currently can support upto six, so I am thinking about moving to Yamaha which has units that support 8 HDMI inputs.

My question is with regards to the sound of Denon amps versus Yamaha amps. I will not get a change to check test the equipment at home, and do not have a return period, so all purchases are final (I live in Oman, and this is how things are :)).

I have been using Denon for as long as I can remember, started with an old pair of JBL's and a stereo amp, then moved to the 2801 wiht KEF speakers, then 3803, then 3805. I never heard the Yamaha, but I heard that they may be bright.

Question is, will there be a noticeable difference between the sound of the Denon 3805 and the Yamaha RX-V3067? I am mainly concerned with stereo listening on the M80's, but I do watch a lot of movies in 7.1, and play PS3 games in 7.1 too.

Because of the size of the room, and my previous good experience with giving the M80's more juice, I am also considering getting a Crown Pro Amp to power the M80's.

Any help and comments will be appreciated.

PS: My gear was all bought in 2005, with the exception of the sub. I recall that it was the time that V2 came out and I seem to remember that there was some information that indicated that I have the V2 hardware without the badge.

Generally happy, but I believe that center channel is a little thin, so probably will consider going for the VP180 once I have all the things setup probably.

Tariq

M80v2 - VP180 - S:QS8 - SB:QS8 - SWide:QS8
Denon 4311 + XPA-3
Sub: Dual SVS Ultra-13