Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
So, Steve, a couple questions, if I may.

1. What's the functional difference between buying two of the CDA-245S kits and one of the CDA-2000 kits? They seem to be the same amp boards. Do you expect more power by using two (smaller?) power supplies and two (smaller?) toroids?

2. If you're using two of the CDA-245 in bridged mode, you're basically building two monobocks, right? I know it's a minor detail, but I don't see how you wire the external LED's in bridged mode.

1) The 254S kit has a low profile power supply (smaller caps). I went with the heavy duty power supply. The power supply board will power both amps, and each amp will be bridged. The CDA-254 amp board actually has 2 amps on it, and I'm ordering 2 CDA-254 amps, and will bridge each one.

2) Yes. 2 monoblocks in 1 case with a shared 1000VA toroid. As far as the led's go, I think you just wire the left channel since that is the channel you will use when bridged. Not sure though.

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7