I am getting static, distortion, crackling or whatever one wants to call the unwanted noises coming from both woofers from one of my 5.5 year old M80s. My wife and I noticed the static noises coming from the M80 a couple of nights ago while watching a movie and I told her it was probably just bad mixing but tonight I noticed the same noise while listening to David Gilmour's 'Remember That Night' BR DVD, changed DVD's and the noise persisted, switched out the M80 with one of my M60s and the noise disappeared, switch back to the M80 and the noise again persisted so I switched that M80 with the other M80 and the static was back.

Definitely the M80 ... not the source, not the amp, AVR, BR player or my imagination.

My question is (like it really eff'n matters), bad crossovers, bad woofers or just a bad M80? I'm thinking bad M80 because several months ago I had a tweeter in the very same M80 shatter like apparently nobody has ever seen...

Anything else I need to check, anything I need to do, look at or any other suggestions?

Rick
Our Room

smile