But the one I want isn't out yet. At least not to my knowledge. I think I'll be upgrading my pre-pro before my display, however, and I was hoping someone who keeps up on these would be able to tell me about models that are coming down the pike that might satisfy my list of wants, or at least get close.

Would be nice:
  • 6 or more HDMI 1.4a inputs
  • Simultaneous height and wide channel output
  • Independent calibration of multiple subs (2 subs being realistic, 4 being what I keep dreaming of)
  • Network capable with FLAC playback
  • Audyssey XT32
  • Balanced connections
  • ISF calibration for each input
  • Firmware updates via internet or flash drive

FLAC playback and ISF calibration options would simply be icing. I'm not sure the absence of Audyssey XT32 would be a deal breaker, either, but I'd definitely want the others in the list. Onkyo's PR-SC5508 seems to come really close to what I want, minus the simultaneous height and wide channels. I wish they'd included that instead of the XLR stereo input. Also, is fast HDMI switching pretty much a given on recent gear, or does it need to say that it does it? I'm sure my display will still be a bottleneck on that until I upgrade it. I wish manufacturers offered a reduction in features on request, too, just to reduce clutter on the unit, and potentially pass on some savings. I don't care about video scaling anymore, since I'm mostly watching Blu-ray these days, and my player or computer can do scaling of other content I watch. I also don't need a radio tuner or nearly so many analog inputs.

Anyway, any specific models you think I should use as my goal?