Right now I have a system consisting of a Yamaha htr-6190(RXV-1800) Paradigm Monitor 11, CC290, Mini Monitors. All are the v5 series. I use a PS3 slim for my blu-ray/streaming etc and use my laptop extensively via hdmi as well for music and movies. I am interested in Axiom and want to replace my setup I have now. I have been very happy with my system and it has served me well. I guess curiosity is getting the best of me. I really do enjoy the Studio V4 line from Paradigm and have read on here that Axiom is comparable/better than the Studio line. I am 27 and never heard an Axiom setup yet. How much of an upgrade can I expect going from my setup to one consisting of M80/M60 towers, VP180/VP150 centers and M22/M3's as rears. (Right now I have nowhere to put the QS8's unfortunately.) I use the system for both music and movies. My price range is around 2000-2500 cdn. I sit 9 ft from the tv, the room is 12 ft wide by 24** ft long(half the room for hometheatre and the back half for a seating area and table) and 9 ft ceilings. My fronts are about a foot and half away from wall. Will Axiom be as bright as the monitor series? I would like a little less bright to be honest at higher volumes or I just need to use a better source lol.

Can the Yammy 1800 handle the 4 ohm loads across the front from the M80 and Vp180. I listen at both low levels and higher levels which I had measured to be up to 95db***(using iPhone 4 with an app to measure, not sure how accurate it is.) Eventually I will get into separates and am interested in Emotiva, Parasound(used), Sunfire(used) and the like that offer good value for your money.

Just curious of what I can expect going from my system to an Axiom system. I am open to everyone's opinion and suggestions, not going to hurt my feelings here. I have been frequenting these forums for a few years from time to time and look forward to hearing from you guys.

I guess the question would be "what would you do if you were in my shoes?". I have a general idea of what I want to do but just need that extra push over the edge.

Thanks in advance guys.

Chris

Here is a link to my CAM profile where you can see pictures of my setup:

canuckaudiomart.com/thebirdprofile

Last edited by Wiggins; 02/08/11 05:46 AM.

Panny 50"PZ85u, Anthem MRX510, Emotiva UPA7, Monitor Audio Silver 8, Centre, FX, HTPC, PS4