I am not renewing my subs to any stereo OR a/v mags.

They're fun to look at (like the Xmas Nieman-Marcus catalog), but I'm never gonna own any of that stuff. I'm not in the market for anything for quite some time now.

And, as I said in Dwight, NO review is valid if the subject of that review gets to, in the same effen issue, profusely thank the mag and it's reviewer for all of their brilliant insights, their amazing sensitivity and, more importantly, their correctness!

No critical review publication in ALL of academia would/could exist under that "model." And it's not true in all newsstand mags either. In art mags, you will see reviews that are quite harsh, and on the flip page is an ad for the gallery showing that work.

So the sound mags are all just big circle jerks. Everyone's got their fingers in everyone else's ears.

You can read a review about almost anything and, with an accompanying reproduction, or quoted text, come to some sort of first impression. You can't do that with sound. Ever.

So, while it may be worth discussing any speficic review brought here, there can never be an ultimate, empirical outcome.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.