Alan and others here did say that they would put the M80s directly up against the top Revels and they would likely score "similarly good".

So let's assume that is true and Axiom built the perfect speaker that can't be beat and only tied in a blind test. If that's the case, there should never be a rev 4 or beyond b/c a point has been reached where a better performing speaker cannot be made since any more money thrown at it would be solely for cosmetic value.

Alan did state beyond $2k/pair you simply cannot get better performance and I quote it below:

Quote:
Over the years, I've found that once you reach a price point of about $1000 to $2000 per pair in loudspeakers from a talented designer, more money will not buy you "better" sound reproduction. It may be similarly good, but the more expensive speakers won't necessarily rank higher in double-blind tests.

Also note that this is still being referred to as a Double Blind Test despite others and myself clearly proved Axiom tests are NOT double blind.

So following this logic in how Axiom designs and compares speakers, one must wonder why there is even a rev 3? Wasn't rev 1 already the perfect speaker that could beat or tie all others in a blind test?

I sense a lot of dislike here against me from people whom actually believe in the Axiom doctrine that dictates their speakers are so good that they are similarly good to the best designs in the world regardless of price and if anyone refutes that claim it's b/c they are biased by looks or brand appeal. Yet we are to believe this from a blind test run by the manufacturer that has a vested interest in the outcome of the results.

If someone other than Axiom measures the product, the measurement is invalid b/c it wasn't done in an anechoic chamber. This is how the S&V measurements are so easily dismissed here.

That is how Axiom and their fans can so easily dismiss 3rd party measurements of Axiom products such as the tests Ikka did on the EP600 showing design issues with the sub:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-tests-archived/973-axiom-ep-600-2nd-test.html

Wow this sound like a wonderful start for a religion.

Seriously I'm done with this topic as I made all my points and nobody wants a open minded discussion.

It's great that Axiom has convinced everyone that we have the best speakers in the world regardless of price. I was actually convinced too when I made my purchase.

Bose has done the same to so many people. Axiom seems to be following the Bose business model (their research produces the best sound and can only be measured and compared using their protocol) which isn't such a bad thing since Bose is the most profitable speaker company in the world.

Thanks for the discourse, its been most enlightening.

Last edited by JBall; 02/13/11 09:39 PM.