There's been talk about premium video on demand services. Where movies that are still in theaters, or recently left would be available to stream at a premium cost.

It is true, I would rather watch a movie in my home theater, than one of the local theaters. The local AMC is still better than my personal system (for now), but I won't watch any 3D releases there. So I do have some interest in having access to very new movies. How much would I pay for that privilege is the question.

$30 a movie seems like a lot. Sure I'd call a few friends over to split the bill. For a one-time viewing, it'd have to be a pretty special move (I'd have done that for Black Swan, since I've still not seen it due to it coming to the crappy local theater).

Now Lion's Gate is talking about sweeting the deal and including a DVD (I hope Blu-ray) copy of the movie upon release for people who pay the $30 for the premium VOD. That'd I'd have no problem with.

A few more details here: http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/V...DVDBlu-ray/6350

What do you think?

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris