LOL I guess that is a good point. Bright to me is having a sound balance that is more biased toward the higher frequencies. A more treble forward sounding speaker all of which are terms that are subjective and interpretive impressions of a sound to different people. But that is what it means to me, it is not a negitive term in my opinion I feel that speakers with this quality can produce some great vocal sounds in a 7CH stereo mode, there are not too many surround vocal tracks that I have found yet LOL.

Later
Phil

Originally Posted By: solarrdadd
PhillipD, congrats on your surrounds. i keep seeing folks use the term bright and everyone of them has a different meaning for it. what do you mean "bright" as you have used this term to describe the QS8v3's? I have a pair of them and the QS4v3's too and they both sound perfect to me; in fact all of my axiom speakers sound perfect to me--but that's me. i know everyone's ear is different but everytime i see that term "bright" i feel a knife twisting!

please don't take any of this the wrong way, i'm just trying to understand where your coming from. perhaps you could elaborate a little bit more than the term "bright" cause i still don't know what that means since it seams to mean something different to everyone that uses the term.