Sir Quack and all,

I don't know why this tedious issue is raised yet again. It was sorted out years ago on the forums. To my knowledge, no-one at Emotiva ever "contacted Axiom engineers". The rest from Lonnie at Emotiva regarding the M80 and its alleged "crossover problems"--any version--is nonsense, and a lame attempt on the part of Emotiva to cover for a flawed amplifier design.

In the ten years I've been with Axiom, even entry-level AV receivers from Denon, H/K, Sherwood Newcastle and NAD (among others) have been able to drive the M80ti, the v2 and the v3, to loud playback levels without overheating/shut-down problems provided the receivers/amplifiers are not run into clipping.

It's for this reason I've continued to recommend the above mentioned AV receiver brands and warn users away from earlier models of Onkyo, Sony, and Yamaha, which did have trouble with 4-ohm loads, including the M80s. Recent higher-end models from Onkyo, Yamaha and Pioneer seem to be fine.

I've also endorsed power amplifiers from Parasound, Rotel, NAD, Anthem, Bryston, Sherwood Newcastle, B&K, and others, none of which had any problems with shut-down driving M80s of any vintage.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)