Originally Posted By: wordgasm
Originally Posted By: wheelz999
I'm really pissed off with this no signal problem mad . My entertainment room gives me a reason to get up when I'm able to, like today, but I didn't because I wouldn't have anything to do. In the wintertime, I'm in my entertainment room. In the summertime, I'm outside on my deck reading.

Anyway, I contacted the website from whom I purchased the Cat 6 cables from, and they are more than willing to work with me. They did say that they can easily get damaged when they are pulled, as the website I linked to denoted.

Now I have to rally up some troops that are strong enough to lift my TV off the wall so I can check the connections. I'm also going to purchase two ethernet cables from Future Shop and just run them along the floor to see if I get a signal. If I get a signal, then the cables are obviously damaged, and this setup won't work because I'll probably damaged another set when it's pulled through the ceiling.

I'm really tempted to give Blue Jeans Cables a call to confirm with Kurt, and then dish out the money for one of their cables.

I've used monoprice high speed cables (the bigger gauge versions) for a 50' run, 75' run and 111' run (built in repeater/extender in cable) all with no problems and no visible signal degradation. (sort of a b*tch to pull and fish walls using them, heavy and thick)Well one handshake problem ocassionally, but that was cured with an equipment upgrade. (gear or cable?, I don't know)

The only time I had a problem was 111' from BR player to receiver and then 75' back to the display, no worky.

Of course ymmv

Good Luck

Jeff

+1

I've never had any issues with 25ft, 35ft, and 50ft HDMI cables. No difference visually or audibly when compared to a 6ft cable.

M80s, VP180, QS8s, EP800 v3