So I picked up a soundcraft mixer for some of the recording I do and decided to do an A/B comparison between it and a tube preamp that I've been using. Using the same signals to both preamps I drove one speaker with one and the other speaker with another.

What I immediately noticed was that one of the speakers had a punchier bass than the other and running specific audio tracks with extended low frequency showed an even greater difference. Out of curiosity, because my tube pre was literally kicking the soundcraft mixer's behind, I swapped the left and right channels.

Interestingly, the problem switched between the mixer and pre but not speakers. Thinking that it might be a problem with my stratos amp I switched channels at the amp, but the problem still persists in the same speaker.

Since all the drivers in the speaker work I really believe that the culprit here is the builtin crossover. Does anyone know where the crossover is located inside the m80ti speakers? I'm considering rebuilding it from new components to see what happens.