Absolutely, Dan; have suggestions for great cello music that even sounds good when the volume control runs backwards!

The prime choice is this recording of the great Dvorak Cello Concerto plus emotional Jewish-inspired music(Schelomo and Kol Nidrei). This was my suggestion here before and several of our members reported buying and enjoying it.

Next, I'll list the little-known, but beautiful, Cello Concerto and "City of Light" 22nd Symphony by American composer(from Seattle)Alan Hovhaness. Mr. Hovhaness himself conducted the symphony with the Seattle Symphony.

Ma(I assume that you were referring to his performances of the Bach Cello Suites)and Maazel collaborated in fine performances of the Lalo and Saint-Saens Cello Concertos on this disc .

The celebrated Schumann Cello Concerto and Brahms "Double" Concerto for Cello and Violin are both given fine performances here .

These links are Amazon U.S., but these items are also listed on Amazon Canada and are available(including from U.S. sellers such as Import CDs)at bargain prices of just a few dollars each.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.