I have the Mythos 2 speakers in my bedroom coupled with a small sub. I'm no expert, and I've never done a direct A/B with the mythos as part of my main system, but I think the tone of the mythos is very similar to the Axiom speaker's sound. Niether speakers feature any coloration of the sound. I'd go with the QS8s, and especially if they are mounted close to the seating positions. The farther back to get from the seats, the better a direct firing speaker will sound. If you want direct fire, the m2 and m22 are pretty close, with the m22 featuring more low end which isn't very important in a surround speaker. The on wall speakers lose a bit of bass but that would be fine in a surround speaker.

Also, you may want to consider the mythos gems for surround since they have been known to be voiced the same as your other mythos speakers, or I can recommend my mythos 2s. They mount to the wall very nicely.

Also, is this for multichannel music, or movies? Movies benefit the most from the QS8s while music would suit a m2 or on wall m22 nicely.