Now that this thread has nothing to do with quotes, a thought about global everything.

If you don't live in North America, western Europe,
Australia, South Korea or Japan (well, 5 weeks ago), your life as a human is quite likely to suck out loud. And Israel, if you'r not Arab or Palestiinian.

80% of all human life blows. Indignation and speculation on it is noble, but pointless.

Viewpoints of commoners will affect no change.

The American World Police and Benevolence Foundation ain't that effective. If it's not a world war, we don't have a great track record, aside from Granada. We only went down there to save American med students who weren't smart enough to get into real med schools. We do protect our own numbies, like when they inadvertantly wander into Iran on a hike in Afghanistan (IDIOTS!)

So, at the end of the day, when everyone's armchair stances on world problems are logged in and duly noted, just be grateful that you got to be the one-in-five who doesn't sleep on dirt.

If you sleep IN and WITH dirt, then maybe you should save some cash and expatriate.

Edit: I was writing this when Peter's post appeared. Had I seen it first, such a strong admonition to cease probably would have gotten my attention. Sorry.

Last edited by BobTheFab; 04/12/11 02:02 PM.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.