Hey, I'm brand new to the forum. I'm about to graduate from Law School and the deal I struck with my wife was that my graduation present was going to be my dream home theater set up. I graduate in May, have set aside some hard-earned dough and I am excitedly looking forward to my new toys.

My current hodgepodge setup is a 46” Panasonic Plasma (TH-C46FD18), Panasonic Blu-Ray (DMP-BD55), Sony A/V Receiver (STR-DE985), DCM Front Tower Speakers (KX212), a cheap Sony Center Speaker (Crutchfield offered it free with the receiver), EPI side surrounds (EPI 200B), my rear surrounds are by Akai (RPM8) and the jewel is my subwoofer, a Sunfire True Subwoofer Junior.

The sub stays, no matter what, I absolutely love it. From there though, I want to pick out the right surrounds, to match a new center speaker (and eventually the height and width speakers and an extra subwoofer for an 11.2 set up). Once 3-D has settled down, the TV and Blu-Ray player will be upgraded too.

So, I am looking for your thoughts on the rear and side surrounds (and center channel speaker). I have read every review I can get my hands on and have come down to these four choices. Please talk me through Axiom’s QS8s vs. Emotiva’s ERD-1 vs. Polk’s FXi A4 vs. Paradigm's Studio ADP-590.

So far, I have heard the Paradigms and the Polks, and I liked the Paradigms more. I am setting up an Axiom home audition with for the next few weeks. My main use is for movies (95%). My current room entertainment room is 30' x 42' with hardwood floors.

Also, having read quite a few forums and reviews, most users suggest that the off-axis listening of Paradigm's center-channel is better than either Axiom's VP-150 or 180. Your thoughts on that if you can (we host larger gatherings for movie nights about four or five times a year where guests would be off-axis)

Your thoughts and feedback are greatly appreciated.