The other problem with all this, is the upstairs, is really the wifes domain. It has to "LOOK" nice. So i can't be throwing speakers and stuff all over the place. More form then function sort to speak. The old Polks would work fine up there. BUT there hugh, need to be a foot off the back wall to work right. Altho they would probably work great...probably look VERY out of place in the room. I would probably have to go with some M2's on stands, so they don't stick out like sore thumbs, I may be able to get away with the Advents as back speakers sitting on the floor under a high table or something...there not really small either.

Maybe the better solution is to use the Advents as the fronts, as they will put out alot more bass, and can be put right up against the wall...so they really will not be in the way and NOT stick out that much. Put the M2's on some nice stands..up against the back wall...so they look, like nice decorative pieces in the room. The Advents will put out alot of volume and bass, as compared to the M2's (at least i would think so).

Probably the best solution to this room, and still have it look "NICE"...LOL While getting good sound.