Originally Posted By: a401classic
* Ground loop isolator on the cable line.

* Removing the ground screw from the back of my EP500

* Making sure all the plugs for my A/V system were on the the same circuit or at least the hot wire was on the same leg in the breaker box (i.e. every other breaker in a normal US house, or every third breaker for those fortunate enough to have 3 phase power at home)

I haven't used a ground isolator since we don't have cable TV. I messed with all of the ground screws on my subs when I was getting hum from them. I still get a little hum from them, but not like before.

As for keeping everything on the same circuit, I know that's not happening right now, but I can't say for sure how many circuits are represented since I don't know how it's all wired in the walls. I really wish everything had been wired in the most logical way possible when we had our electrical re-done. So why do multiple circuits cause problems? I'm just worried for when I have multiple dedicated circuits for my home theater. All of my gear has a lot of potential power suckage, so I want to be prepared. Between the multiple amps I'll be running for my speakers, the amp in each EP800, my computer, the ButtKicker amps (I say amps since I'll probably run two to shake the riser I build), display, and whatever else I happen to have running, it could potentially want quite a bit of power. How would you (you as in anyone reading this) do this? I want the power to be there, but I also want my system to be as dead-silent as possible except for the signal.