Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for a pair of bookshelves to put on stands for a 2.1 setup for my living room. The living room/kitchen area is ~ 16ftx25ft, and these speakers will be used for mostly casual listening and fairly high volume for parties etc..

I was originally planning for a pair of B&W CM5's, and I went to listen to them the other day and thought they were great, but I wanted to explore some cheaper, options as well first. The M3's seem to get fairly decent reviews, and are basically a fraction of the cost of the B&W's, so they have really peaked my interest.

The thing that concerns me most is I dont want a very bright sounding speaker, which is what I loved about the B&W's. They had a laid back, but detailed sound, and the sound field was immersive. I already have a very bright sounding set of speakers (Polk RTi A9 mains for my HT/media room), so I want something more balanced and musical. So basically I'm curious how the M3's would do in this situation?

I know a lot of people seem to recommend the M22's over the M3's, but to be honest, I hate the look of the M22's, especially on stands, which would be a must. And since this is for a living room, they have to look good, and be wife friendly.

So any feedback or advice would be great.

Oh and I will be pairing them with a sub such as the SVS SB12-NSD or similar (already a very satisfied SVS owner).