I've changed my priorities and have decided to change one of my spare bedrooms into an office. The primary reason is to have a comfortable and functional environment in which to spend up to all day analyzing and trading stocks, derivatives, etc.

Normally, I prefer it quiet when in serious concentration mode, but I still would like some sort of sound system. My original thought would be to place 2 QS8's on each end of the narrow walls. I don't know how this would sound, though. It seems that this would fill the room with sound, but would it sound good, or just weird?

Room dimensions: Length 13.5, Width 8.5, Height 8. Only 1 foot clearance above doors and windows. Curtains might be below them on one end of the room, but nothing on the far end of the room. Floor is hardwood flooring. 2 windows in the room. I don't have to install curtains.

I'm thinking about just gutting it, drywall and all. That way I get to put in the lighting I want, rewire it and replace the crappy insulation. Tear out the blond wood built in shelves/drawers and replace with something more functional. Like some shelves, a place for a coffee pot and a receiver.

Also, the sliding doors over the closet will be put into storage to give the room an addition 2 foot of width, or perhaps replaced with something more decorative. (It's blond wood also. yuck).

Last edited by CatBrat; 05/10/11 12:17 PM.