I don't think there is a legit service that you could actually send physical CDs to. I can only tell you what I did when I went through the same and you already looked into it.

I used EAC with a script that ripped it once to FLAC then automatically ripped it a second time to MP3 for my portable players. Take the time to set up the filenames and tags the way you want them before you start the endeavor and you won't have to mess with that later.

The script with EAC is a bit complex to set up but it works flawlessly once it's done. A simpler method would be to convert everything to FLAC and then use a program where you you can convert all the FLAC files to MP3 or whatever in large batches afterwards. Foobar has been mentioned and would do the trick nicely.

I just picked at it, doing a few every evening as I was sitting in front of the computer for other reasons anyways. PCs are more than fast enough nowadays that you can be ripping a CD and doing other work without causing errors. Earlier on, you had to be careful.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.