Lol, ok let me just stop all of you before anyone else jumps in to try and cheer me up... Terry, the jesture is truly appreciated, thank you, but don't worry fellas, I'm done boo-hooing over Amy.

It did indeed take me a while to get through it, after all I took her all the way to Italy to propose and all that good stuff. But I'm no longer in morning. We split up in August of last year, so I've been single for almost a year now and I'm right where I want to be.

For starters I'm not looking for love and I'm not planning on doing so for quite some time. Having been married twice already and engaged twice more, I'm giving "love" a time-out for a while. This is what I kept telling myself to do everytime a relationship tanked, but I kept finding myself falling right back into a new relationship within 3 or 4 months on the rebound. I've found it takes a solid 6 months of being completely single before that addiction (yeah, I feel like that feeling of being in love can be just as addictive as drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, etc...) finally wears off and you can look at your life with a clarity you don't have when you're searching for that partner that's always eluded you.

I'm not saying everyone should be single, but I should be, at least until my kids are all grown up and no longer have to be dragged through all of my relationships as well. That's what I regret the most is that they had to get to know the 3 other women I was involved with, get close to them and their children, and then go through a 'break-up' of their own when things turned sour. Kids pay just as heavy a price during a break-up, if not heavier if you ask me.

So my daughter is 13, my son is 16... I have no plans on getting involved with another woman until my daughter has graduated from high school. And while I've told myself this many a time in the past, this time I'm dedicated to sticking with that plan. It's more of a pledge really, I've already blown enough chances on my own happiness, now I'm ready to just focus on my kids and my professional life. Love can wait, I'm over that anyway. Having way more fun single than I ever did in any of my relationships. You guys said it... FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOM!!!!! It really is nice to have. laugh

So don't cry for me guys, seriously. My hard times are in my rearview, it's smooth sailing ahead for me. But thanks for the condolences anyway. It's the thought that counts after all.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD