Hey all,

I am about to get Epic 350 HT system for my 600sq ft room and still undecided which denon AVR should power the HT system.
I am trying to avoid sharp sound characteristic from my HT system and was told to avoid yamaha avr for the reason.
I dont know the difference in sound characteristic between denon and onkyo.

My first question would be if my Epic 350 is sufficient for 600 sq ft. I also considered epic 60 or 80 but hate to fill my room with big chunky speakers.

My second question would be which denon or onkyo AVR to get to power my epic 350. I would consider last years model also.
I listen to all kind of music,rock,classic, jazz,etc. And when I listened to rock, I crank up the volume real high, and I need my AVR to feed enough power to my HT system when I do that.

I have panasonic viera tc-p50gt30 and watch lots of movie in THX mode. My wife and kids would also want to connect their ipods to HT system(sadly, they do not understand the difference in sound quality between mp3 and wav file). I will be connecting WDTV live hub using HDMI, laptop using VGA(not DVI or display port) and blue ray player using HDMI.

My next AVR dont have to support the following.
1. multi room support
2. anything over 5.1 such as 7.1
3. bunch of composite, component connection. I just need a couple for each
4. sacd support

However, I would need my AVR to do the following.
1. at least 2 digital audio connection but more DA connection would be better.
2. enough power for me to enjoy movie/music in 600 sq ft room with high ceiling
3. at least 4 HDMI connections

Any thoughts, comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.